|Canadians Want Active Experiences on Vacation|
TORONTO, Ont. (August 17, 2017)—Overwhelmingly, Canadians are seeking new experiences and adventures when they go on vacation, and they’re feeling little need to share their escapades on social media, according to a recent Travelzoo® (NASDAQ: TZOO) survey of its Canadian membership.
The survey—completed by 2,087 Travelzoo Canada members in early August—found 92% wanted to be active on their vacations, and more than 45% felt disconnecting from social media and email helps them recharge.
“While being connected 24/7 can be incredibly convenient, it can also be distracting and interfere with fully enjoying your vacation,” says Lara Barlow, General Manager of Travelzoo Canada. “The clear desire to take an active vacation suggests that we Canadians need a break from the barrage of electronic information that comes at us every day.”
Some of the highlights of the survey include:
• Being active on vacation was important or somewhat important to 92% of respondents.
• Disconnecting from email, social media and the news was found to help 46% of respondents recharge.
• 41% said they have felt like they didn’t make the most of a past vacation because they didn’t have enough experiences or adventures.
• 22% turn to Facebook to look for inspiration for their next vacation destination, but more than half (56%) don’t use social media at all to research trips.
• A massive 85% said they don’t consider whether a destination would produce social media-ready photos when deciding where to travel.
• Great food and drink is a priority for 45% when planning their vacations. Other top priorities include new experiences, exploring local culture and relaxing.
“Canadians are seeking active experiences that will create lasting memories, and we are proud to help them discover some unique ones with amazing value, whether it’s a trip to China for $699 or dinner at a MasterChef-helmed restaurant,” says Barlow. “We test our deals so members can have confidence that they’re real -- no Instagram filter required.”
Stay connected with the best travel and leisure experiences available on the internet by liking Travelzoo on Facebook at /travelzooCA and following on Twitter @TravelzooCanada and Instagram @travelzoocanada.
Become a Travelzoo member today to start receiving insider travel deals to your favourite destination from one of our deal experts. Visit travelzoo.com/ca to join!
Travelzoo® provides our 28 million members with insider deals and one-of-a-kind experiences personally reviewed by one of our deal experts around the globe. With more than 25 offices worldwide, we have our finger on the pulse of outstanding travel, entertainment, and lifestyle experiences. For over 15 years we have worked in partnership with more than 2,000 top travel suppliers—our long-standing relationships allow us access to the very best deals.
Travelzoo and Top 20 are registered trademarks of Travelzoo. All other names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Erika Navarro 8/17/2017